Thursday, January 30, 2014

J is for Jump

 I put a few Js on the floor for Kate to jump to, over, and on.
 She decided to add more letters.  Look at that hair.  Having thin, fine hair in the winter is tough (I should know!); the static is brutal and the hair just sticks to her head.

We read a few books.


I drew and colored a white J on watercolor paper and let Kate paint the page to find the J.  I didn't have a white oil pastel, so I had to use a crayon - oil pastels work so much better for watercolor resist. Next time I do this, I'll make sure to use oil pastels.






Kate also played with her alphabet sponges in the sink.  This child LOVES to play in water.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun theme!! I have never had this problem with my hair (thick and coarse) but Sammy's is doing that some this winter!

MaryAnne said...

I love your water resist letter J!

Sherri said...

I absolutely love the hidden J!
And I can't think of a better activity for J...then jumping!