Friday, January 17, 2014

Snowman Fun

There is no snow on the ground right now, but we are making our own snowman fun.

I printed the five little snowmen from The Activity Mom site and taped them to craft sticks.  Kate and I watched the Five Little Snowmen video and kind of sang along.




I saw an idea for a melted snowmen bath on Pinterest.  I thought it was cute, but I knew Kate would not get in the tub with the shaving cream snowmen (she doesn't even like bubbles in her bath), so I put them in our sensory tub instead.

 I added a drop of blue food coloring to the water before adding the melted snowmen.

I told Kate she could use her hands, but she chose a spoon instead.  I knew she would.

She was very excited about adding a drop of red food coloring to the water.

She liked that the water then turned purple.

 Then she wanted to add more and more food coloring.




It took a while for the food coloring to blend with the shaving cream, so we had a pretty swirly tub of color for a bit.  Kate loved it.

Yesterday, all of the kids enjoyed snowman doughnuts.

I still have plans for snowman bowling and snowy paint.  Hopefully, those happen soon!

3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Love the snowman doughnuts!

Sherri said...

I love the melted snowman activity! We are going to have to do that..we are having fun with snowman right now too...wish we could do them together!

Anonymous said...

What fun!! The snack is super cute! The melty snowman sensory bin looks like so much fun!