Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Letter I and Fun Play


Kate finished up her letter I activities this morning.  She loves Elephant and Piggie books; Reagan does too, and often reads them to Kate.

I showed Kate how to use an ink pad to stamp the letter I.  She liked this, and she is now napping with quite a bit of blue ink on her hands, arms, stomach, and face.  I washed off what I could, but that ink isn't as washable as it claims to be.


It is a dreary, rainy day, so we spent the whole morning playing.

Since Kate enjoyed cookie cutter stamping, I thought she might like these little stamps with the small ink pad that Reagan uses, but Kate prefers the cookie cutters and the large ink pads.

Kate asked for her bears, and she sorted them in the correct bowls.

This magnetic ballerina was dressed and undressed over and over again.

Kate also played tea party, sandwich shop, and veterinarian today.  She loves to play with her toys.  Collin and Kate have this in common.  Tyler and Reagan hardly ever (Reagan still doesn't) played with toys.

We are also having a snowman theme this week, but I'm saving that for another post.  Unfortunately, we don't have any real snow, just rain!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I am amazed at all the activities you have! It's like a never ending PLAY HOUSE!! I love it! You could charge admittion to your house!

Anonymous said...

What fun!! It's amazing how grown up she looks working on these activities!