Saturday, May 16, 2009

Coffee shop

We love playing coffee shop but this time (after seeing a similar activity on No Time for Flashcards) we made it a sensory experience. We had coffee grinds with plenty of different scoops and measuring spoons, cocoa powder, and miniature marshmallows. We took turns: one of us made drinks, one made sandwiches, and one worked the cash register. Our customers were pretend and they ordered the fanciest drinks and sandwiches.

This delicous looking sandwich was made with Haba bread, meats, and cheese. I love Haba toys.







I was surprised that C and R enjoyed this so much because when I was saving the coffee grinds, they were both bothered by the smell. Speaking of saving the coffee grinds, my husband and father both thought I was crazy! My father thinks this activity was promoted by the coffee industry to encourage future coffee drinkers!

2 comments:

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

I htouth I commented on this when you posted! This is SO dang cute! I love that they are wearing sunglasses.
I seriously LOVE Haba toys too!
What a fun way you put this all together.

Karen Wilson said...

I've never heard of playing coffee shop. I agree with Dad!