Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Product review



Shannon at Letters Numbers and Books, oh my! passed the product review meme along to me back in April and I am finally ready to follow through! I struggled with figuring out what to review until this morning when I started thinking about what we will do this weekend.


We love family movie night in our house and what is movie night without popcorn? I love making popcorn on the stove with our Whirly-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper. It is really easy to use and only requires a tiny bit of oil to make 6 quarts of delicious popcorn. Clean up is easy too, and because we use ours weekly, I only wipe out the inside with a paper towel. Also, almost all of the kernels pop!



Making popcorn on the stove is a family activity for us. The kids wear really long oven mitts and help stir the kernels. This is a great opportunity to talk about our five senses too. What better way to explore all five senses than popping popcorn?



I should add that the Whirly-Pop is made out of aluminum. I know that some people do not like to use aluminum pans.



Now for my final order of business here, I am passing this product review meme along to:

6 comments:

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

OK several things...
I have been thinking about getting a popcorn popper I'll have to look into this one...I always thought about getting an air popper but this might be a good option too.
Second, I was going to address the question you asked about skin care...since I planned on making a post about it would you mind if I linked to you?
Lastly...you are SUCH a pain! No not really, actually the reason you ca find the link is because I was going to add more blogs then saved it and forgot to post OOPS!
http://iheartfrutopia.blogspot.com/2009/05/wow-thank-you.html

Gidget Girl Reading said...

oh you lucky girl I want one so bad but hubby says we don't have the money!!! :( Maybe I can ask for my bday in sept I tell him get it or else :) heehee!!!

Ticia said...

I haven't done this one yet. Do I have to review any particular item, or is it a free for all?

Christy Killoran said...

As far as I know, you can review anything you want!

DairyQueen said...

I've got some thinking to do! This will be fun though :)

Lynn said...

That looks fun. My 18 month old has a bit of a popcorn obsession. So far I've just done microwave bags (now you've made me wish I bought some at the market this morning!), but the stove top one is probably healthier, and feels more nostalgic/fun. Actually, I just remembered that I have one of those air poppers that looks like a movie-theater one! At least, I had it before we moved. I'll need to hunt for that one.