Friday, June 12, 2009

10 things about me

Orange Juice tagged me to participate in this fun, get to know you post.

The rules are:
* tell everyone 10 things about you they may not know, but are true
*tag 5 bloggers with the award

10 things about me:
1. I am very sensitive and my feelings are easily hurt. I wish this wasn't the case because I tend to overreact to little things.
2. I am an attorney but I haven't practiced law in six or seven years because I have been staying home with my children and loving it. Honestly, I enjoyed the study of law much much more than I ever liked the practice of law. It's just not as glamorous as people think.
3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Zumba! It's a great workout and so much fun. I admit that I am not very good at it, but it is still fun.
4. I never talk about religion here but I will tell you that I am a Christian and I read the Bible with my children every day. C's favorite book is the Bible - he loves to read about David and Goliath.
5. I cut the umbilical cord myself after the birth of my second and third child.
6. If I could do it all over, I would become a midwife.
7. I do not like extreme temperatures - hot or cold - and have passed out after being in the hot sun for a short time. Because of this, my husband likes to call me "the baby bird". I am happiest when the temperature is just about 70 degrees.
8. My name is Christy, not Christine or Chrystal or Kristen, and I HATE being called Chris.
9. I have a pile problem. I pile things on any flat surface I can find. I am working on this.
10. My favorite television show is So You Think You Can Dance! I love it.

Now, I am tagging YOU! If you just read this, then tag, you're it. Come on, you know you want to participate. These things are so much fun and we really want to know more about you!

4 comments:

Annette W. said...

Oh the piles! I 100% understand. Not only do I have a pile problem, I CANNOT relate to the super neat-freaks that many women are. I just don't have it in me...a bit of clutter doesn't hurt me. But I wish my island could stay clean...it makes the whole house look messy.

An attorney, huh? That's pretty cool...but cooler that you are now my blogging mommy friend! :)

Ticia said...

I too have a piling problem.
If So YOu THink YOu Can Dance isn't my favofrite show, then it's near the top.
My kids love reading the Bible too and fight over who gets to take it to their beds.
Isn't it funny how picky we get about our names? I've given up because no one seems to know how to pronounce Ticia. Oh well.
Forgive the typing problems my laptop keyboard is much smaller and I don't feel like correcting the errors.

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

I have never heard of Zumba, will have to check it out.

I LOOOOOOOOVE SYTYCD!!!!!!

I also have being called Kris BUT since my name is Kristiana it's It's typical for me to be called Kristi they don't feel they need to shorten it more. :)

I really don't think law is glamorous AT ALL and the more I learn from D the more I am confused hoe this system is a working system???

A midwife..hmmm very interesting!

Susana said...

I loved reading this:-).

Just found it with your "link within" widget.

My feelings are too easily hurt as well, and yes, I also wish this wasn't so:-).

A midwife--that's awesome!!