Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Tooth Fairy


The Tooth Fairy stopped by our house to claim Princess R's first baby tooth. R was so good about having her tooth extracted that the Tooth Fairy felt she had to reward R with a generous monetary gift and an adorable butterfly necklace. Rumor has it that the Tooth Fairy is very fond of Etsy and found the butterfly necklace there. The little tooth fairy box came from the Hallmark store; R placed her tooth in the box before bed and woke up to find her special gifts in the box.

The real reason for this post, however, is to share a book that we read to prepare for the Tooth Fairy's impending visit. The Night Before the Tooth Fairy by Natasha Wing is another great book in this series of "The Night Before" books. We really enjoy the books we have read from this series and definitely recommend them. The books are inspired by Clement Moore's Christmas poem.

You can read about the projects we did when we read The Night Before St. Patrick's Day by Natasha Wing in this post.

Just in case you are wondering, R had no interest in placing her tooth under her pillow. She was not thrilled with the idea of a complete stranger (even if it is a beautiful fairy) coming anywhere near her while she sleeps. The little tooth fairy box sat upon her bureau, and obviously, the Tooth Fairy did not seem to mind.

8 comments:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

my oldest was the same way i don't want a fiary digging around under my pillow she told me!

ours delivers quaters. we place the tooth in a baby food jar of clear water but when the fiary fies in to get the tooth and leave the 4 quarters the water turns blue with glitter! :) she still has it! not the quarters though she spent those fast :)

Melissa A. said...

Too cute! And the tooth fairy has apparently come into some money since I was a kid - I only got a quarter for each tooth! lol Love the butterfly necklace!

Miller Moments said...

What a sweet tooth fairy! I'll have to look for the books you mentioned.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

We read "The Night Before First Grade" that Anna randomly selected from the shelf in the library. You are right - it's really nice series. I am glad that R did so well, and that tooth fairy was so generous with her :)

Michie said...

We haven't lost any teeth yet, but we enjoy that series of books too. I like to read them to my students as well.

Natasha Wing said...

Thanks for sharing my book with your bloggers! Admittedly, I got a quarter when I was a kid, too, but times have changed. A fun follow-up your kids might enjoy: I wrote a story about a girl who doesn't want to give up her tooth to the Tooth Fairy because she's starting a tooth collection. It's called Pearl vs. the Tooth Fairy (Scholastic Bookclub).

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

WOW! Maybe I should consider pulling some teeth maybe the tooth fairy will drop by some money for me. Ha Ha
I see others are saying they got quarters. INFLATION PEOPLE! LOL Well, that and poor little thing had to have her tooth pulled that's traumatic!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

OH PS I I left an award for you ;)