Tuesday, November 24, 2009

An Art Lesson

We have had a set of oil pastel crayons in our art supply drawer for months and no one ever wanted to use them. Last week, however, C spotted them and told me he used them in school. He wanted to present an art lesson to R and me. I was very excited!

He told us to color whatever we wanted on our paper using the oil pastels.

C drew himself wearing a Wolverine costume with a trick or treat bag. He also drew the moon and stars in the sky.
R drew a lot of colorful scribbles. She said it was a monster. I wonder where she would get that idea.

I drew an Autumn tree.
C then directed us to use watercolors to paint over our drawings.


Here are the finished projects:




I have wanted to try resist painting with C and R for the longest time and it just never happened. This lesson was great for all of us. I wish you could have heard how well C presented the lesson to us. I was very impressed. We are all looking forward to more art lessons!

8 comments:

Susana said...

This would be fun to do here too.

I really like how each of them turned out.

Yours is awesome, by the way:-)!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

what a great art lesson! :) love the pics

danita said...

awesome pics! try using the pastels on black paper!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It's awesome that C got a chance to be a teacher to his own mom. I am amazed that you are still able to do some crafts so close to the move :)

Ticia said...

What a fun step for him to be the teacher. I bet he loved that.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

How fun to see C get so excited about art and then present a class to you and R. I bet it was fantastic! What great pictures you all made.

For a long time, Emily really preferred oil pastels to crayons. I think because she could blend the colors a little easier..? They are one of her favorite art supplies!

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

how neat! they turned out so cool looking! Have u started moving? How is that going?

Nadia said...

your kids did a great job but i really love the one with the tree.. it came out so pretty :)