Thursday, November 5, 2009

Scarecrow Craft

C has been sick and did not feel up to making this scarecrow, but R and I had fun with this craft. I cut a paper doll type shape out of a brown paper bag and then traced around it on white paper to make clothes. R glued the outfit on the body and colored it purple. Don't all scarecrows wear purple?


She drew facial features and added a pink flower button to the fashionable outfit! Then she cut brown craft ribbon into small pieces and glued them under the pant legs, sleeves, and on the head.

We added a very trendy hat, and here is R's fashionable scarecrow:
We plan on making scarecrow cookies and we have a pile of scarecrow books to tell you about, so stay tuned!

11 comments:

Stacy said...

Hope C feels better soon! Cute scarecrow craft! R made it so fashionable!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

cute I love scarecrows! :)

Susana said...

Oh my gosh, this is adorable! I love the face too, so cute!

Jennifer said...

VERY cute idea! And I've got a ton of brown paper bags that we can use! Thanks for the idea!

~ Jennifer
http://thetoyboxyears.blogspot.com

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You have to stop complaining about your drawing abilities - this scarecrow turned out very nicely. I am impressed with R's face and with her fashion choices. Great craft.

momandkiddo said...

I can't wait to see the scarecrow cookies. It sound like a fun take on gingerbread men!

Ticia said...

Awwww..... Of course all scarecrows wear purple. It's fashionable.
Fun project as usual!

Jenny said...

I'm sorry C is still sick :( I hope he starts feeling better soon!

That is a cute scarecrow! Love the purple!

Kim Baise said...

so sweet and hip too!

Jeanette said...

Looks cute! I need to start doing some fall/thanksgiving crafts with the kids.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

This turned out great! So sorry to hear C isn't feeling well, and I do hope he feels better soon. I love how her scarecrow is wearing purple! How original! I love it! After reading your post, I'm inspired to do some scarecrow type craft too. How fun!