Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Scarecrows

I got the idea for these scarecrow cookies from Family Fun. I changed a few of the ingredients based on what I had in the house. I put white frosting on the back of sugar cookies. The eyes are m&m's, the nose is a candy corn, and the mouth is chocolate jimmies (or maybe you call them sprinkles in your part of the world). The hair is Cinnamon Life cereal and the hat is half of a sugar wafer with a whole sugar wafer on top of it with a dot of frosting. I made the little pumpkin decoration with icing to show that our scarecrows guard the pumpkin patch. Aren't they cute?

C and R enjoyed these cookies after we read a few of our favorite scarecrow books:

The Little Scarecrow Boy by Margaret Wise Brown,

The Scarecrow's Hat by Ken Brown, and

Scarecrow Pete by Mark Kimball Moulton.
We really enjoyed these books. Look for them at your local library.

13 comments:

Susana said...

The cookies turned out soooooo good! The Cinnamon Life looks more scarecrow like to me--great idea!

Joe's favorite of our scarecrow books was The Little Scarecrow Boy, mine was The Scarecrow's Hat.

Cute pictures too:-).

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

They look sooo yummy - great cookie decoration. I bet everyone loved them.

Ticia said...

Those do look yummy. I just so do not do well at taking time to decorate cookies and such. I'd much rather eat them.

Rebecca said...

Awww, these are so cute.

Gidget Girl Reading said...

Those are so CUTE! :) I love them!!!!

Our Little Family said...

Oh my goodness, this is something we'll just HAVE to try. Maddie is SO into scarecrows right now; she'd go nuts for these!

momandkiddo said...

So cute! And we love the book "The Scarecrow's Hat!" It would be fun to make scarecrow cookies from gingerbread men cookie cutters, too. But that would definitely be beyond my skill level. :)

Debbie said...

Your scarecrow cookies look so good and are way too cute!

Jenny said...

Those are so cute! Fun books too!

Mama King said...

Adorable! And some great books for us to check out too.

DairyQueen said...

so cute!!

Lynn said...

So cute (and yummy looking!).

Jeanette said...

Those do look super good!