Friday, November 6, 2009

Top Five Friday #6 - Sickness stinks but...


Initially I wanted to write the top five reasons that I hate the dumb swine flu (see the gross picture of swine flu above), but that is just too negative for my blog. So, instead, I am writing the top five things that make me feel better when I am sick.
  1. My husband got up with the kids (who are also sick)and started the day.

2. He also brought me hot tea in bed.
3. Family members brought us food - it is so nice to not worry about what we are going to eat.


4. Watching our dog snuggle up with one of the sick kids. She is such a good dog, and it is so obvious that she understands that they are not feeling well.
5. Vita Coco pineapple coconut water. I don't know why, but drinking this makes me feel better. It also has 180% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C.

So, that is my top five for this week. Do you have a top five you would like to share? If you do, please link up here!

15 comments:

Sherry said...

I hope you and your family feel better soon!

danita said...

hope you feel better soon!

Jeanette said...

I am a little under the weather myself. It is no fun. Hope you are all better soon.

Julie said...

I'm sorry you're so sick, but it sounds like you've found some nice ways to get through it! Hope you're all healthy soon!

Andrea said...

The swine flu is awful. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Gidget Girl Reading said...

hope you feel better soon! i sent you a email! :)

Sherry Gann said...

Ugh...hope you are all up and at 'em again soon. We need to try that coconut water. :)

Lynn said...

Yay for tea in bed. Until recently, my husband did that for me every day, but I think he's been a little tired lately, and I keep beating him to it. Not nearly so nice to start my day! I still haven't tried that coconut water. It sounds yummy. I hope you all are on the mend soon. (My little guy is miles improved. They don't seem to be testing for swine flu here, though).

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry that you are all sick. I hope you feel better soon!

momandkiddo said...

Feel Better Soon!

Susana said...

You put a great spin on being sick with this post:-).

I sure hope today finds you feeling better!

Adriana said...

So sorry you guys are sick!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Not fair! I hope everyone feels better soon.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Swine flu sounds terrible, but I love how you put a positive spin on things. I do hope you guys feel better soon. Tea (especially made by someone else) always helps me when I'm feeling sick. Love the pic of the dog snuggling... so sweet!

Mandy said...

so sorry you are sick. and coconut water is a natural electrolyte so that's why it makes you feel better. keep drinking!