Saturday, May 28, 2011

A Birthday and Cookie Dough Cupcakes

I don't usually write much about T on this blog because he is a teenager and I think he deserves some privacy, but today is his birthday and I refuse to let that go unmentioned.


Instead of a cake, T decided he wanted chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes for his fourteenth birthday.  I found the recipe from Hoosier Homemade.  The cupcakes have a white cake base with chocolate chips in them, and then I filled them with chocolate chip cookie dough (egg free) and topped them with buttercream frosting.  He was very happy with the final result, so I'm sure I will be making these again.

Here are the cupcakes before I frosted them.
These cupcakes will not last long in our house!

Happy Birthday T!  I'll spare you the mushy, sentimental stuff.

14 comments:

Miller Moments said...

I had no idea you had a son that old! And what wonderful yummy cupcakes those looked like...I love cookie dough, so I'm guessing that if I made those, no one else in my house would even get a chance to try one. ha ha!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday T! What a good mother you are to respect your teenager's privacy. Those cupcakes look so yummy!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Happy birthday T! Those cupcakes look great - I'll keep them in mind for our T's birthday - I never let the kids eat cookie dough, and they always want to, so they'd love these :)

Annette W. said...

I always wondered how old T was...

Happy birthday!

And they do look yummy!

Ticia said...

Happy birthday. Looks like he picked a delicious cake

MaryAnne said...

Happy Birthday to T! Those cupcakes sound delicious!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Happy birthday to T. I hope he has a lot of fun as a 14 year old.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to T!

Those cupcakes look so yummy!

Amy said...

YUMMY!!! I will eat anything with the words "cookie dough" in it!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday T! Those cupcakes look to die for. I must try them.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, T-dawg! (And hey, don't give your Mom too hard of a time for posting about you- I SO needed this recipe!) :0)

Chelsea said...

Happy Birthday T! From the glimpses we have of you, you are growing up to be a wonderful young man, and your siblings are lucky to have such a great big brother.

Sherri said...

Happy birthday T!

Susana said...

OK, I know I read this post and I truly thought I'd left a comment on this one. Well, Happy (super late) Birthday to T.

The cupcakes look SO good!! Wish I had one right now.

T has an awesome summer coming up. I hope he had a great birthday and enjoys all of his adventures this summer.