Thursday, May 26, 2011

Goodbye Preschool


I am struggling with the fact that R is done with preschool today.  How did she get so old?  Today is actually her graduation, and I am sure that I will have pictures to post later.  As sad as I am that she is growing up so fast, I am very excited for her today.  She has been practicing for graduation and, according to her teachers, she could be the director of the play.  R knows all of the lines for all of the children and also knows exactly where the children should be standing on stage; she has been very helpful to her classmates and teachers.  She is so ready for Kindergarten - she is, I am not.  I will be though; there may be lots of tears between preschool graduation, Kindergarten orientation, and the first day of school, but I am going to do my best to smile because I am so proud of R.  I'm not sure how often people say this about their five year old children, but I want to be more like R.  She is nurturing, loving, friendly, outgoing, adventurous, funny, thoughtful, and just so sweet.  Oh, I love this little girl!

11 comments:

Joyful Learner said...

That is all so sweet! I know how you feel as I can't believe preschool is over. Congrats and please pass me a tissue.

Annette W. said...

Praying for your transition time, Christy!!

Have a super day! Today is M's closing program, but we'll do it all over again next year.

Anonymous said...

Congrats R!! I hope graduation goes well and that you make it through without to many tears :-)

Debbie said...

Congratulations R, and Mom! Hope the graduation goes well, and I know it will be a time that will be remembered for a long time.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

When did Kindergartners get "old"? Enjoy every minute of the graduation, I'm sure it will be adorable!

Jen said...

Aww! Happy Graduation!

Miller Moments said...

What a cute girl! I know your feelings well....my little guy just finished kindergarten this year and I can't believe that he's already so big.

Ticia said...

Oh wow! They're all getting so big.

I can't wait to see pictures!

momandkiddo said...

She sounds very charming! My husband and I were just saying we couldn't believe we were going to have a 1st grader in the fall!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

How sweet! R is such a fantastic girl! How neat that R and Anna will enter K at the same time :)

Susana said...

R looks so pretty in this picture Christy. This is a sweet post too! I enjoyed reading it and all that you wrote about R.