Friday, September 16, 2011

Kindergarten

We have had a very exciting week around here!  Monday was a huge day because K was born and R had her first day of Kindergarten.

I was very happy that after K was born and all was well, Dad was able to leave the hospital (after being up all night and being so wonderful in the delivery room) and get home in time to take some pictures of R heading off to her first day of school.





In true R fashion, she was completely embarrassed by the idea of posing for photos as she got on the bus.  Last week at orientation, the principal told all of the children to wave goodbye to their parents as they went off to see their classrooms.  R wanted no part of that and made it clear that she was not going to look at me, never mind wave!

She is really enjoying school so far, and I am not surprised.  R loves to be with other children, and she is very social.  Her personality is very similar to T's; it's funny how similar they are socially.  Anyway, she has adjusted very well to the long school day and everything that comes along with it.

Yesterday, I asked R what she likes best about school.  I can't say that I was surprised when she answered that her favorite parts of the day are lunch, recess, and riding the bus!

8 comments:

Julie said...

Cute! That's great that you got some pictures of her getting on the bus, even if she didn't want to pose! Sounds like a wonderful week of new beginnings your house!

Ticia said...

I bet lots of kids have that answer

Anonymous said...

whew what a busy week you guys had! R looks so grown up getting on the bus!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

What a great day for R - a new sister and new life as a kindergartner! I am glad to hear that she is adjusting well. Anna also lists recess as her favorite part :)

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Your husband did a fantastic job - that bus picture is adorable!

Jenny said...

What a pretty dress! She is so cute. I'm glad she's enjoying school and I'm so happy Dad was able to go snap some pics!

Sherri said...

I was surprised that my kids miss riding the bus! she is so cute...I can't believe she is off to school...kindergarten! This will give you lots of one on one time with the adorable baby!

Susana said...

I hope R is still enjoying Kindergarten. I agree with Sherri, you are going to love the time with K. Enjoy it! I'm glad Dad was able to see her off and get a picture for you too!!

I love her dress and shoes!