Monday, September 19, 2011

One Week


A week has passed already?  How did that happen?  K is so sweet; I could just stare at her all day long.

Here are just a few things I love about her:

I love the way she calms down when Daddy plays music for her on the radio.  I also love to see her stare at C and R when they sing to her or read to her.

She has a perfectly round head, just like all of her siblings - they have all had little heads, so that must help prevent misshapen heads on the way out.

Her skin has been perfectly pink from birth and it is so soft; I love to rub my cheek against her cheek.

K makes the sweetest faces - often raising her eyebrows or pursing her lips.

She looks a lot like C when he was born; it will be fun to see if that continues or if she changes.

She already has great head control for a newborn - I'm sure the small head helps.

Her eyes seem very well developed and she is already examining shadows, faces, and light.

I know it sounds crazy, but even the pediatrician commented that she is trying to smile!

Oh, I love this little girl!  She is the perfect addition to our family.

I am hoping to continue writing weekly updates for my own personal record.  I'm also going to incorporate our favorite baby products of the week.  This week, I love:

- our Peg Perego infant car seat (our seat is red) - this seat is the nicest we have ever owned (and we never skimp on car seats); it is comfortable, meets the strictest safety standards, and K loves it.


As a matter of fact, the car seat is one of only two places that I can put her down and she will remain content for a while.


- Hanna Andersson My Best Ever First Socks - I love Hanna Andersson, and these socks have been one of my absolute favorite baby items for years.  They stay on little feet, and that is all that matters!  I almost always give these socks as part of a baby gift, and they are the only socks I put on my own babies.

- Huggies Pure and Natural diapers - we are using these for the first time and I have no complaints.  The thing that I think is super cool is the little line on the outside that changes color if the diaper is wet.  I'm not sure how new this feature is because we haven't used diapers in over three years, but I love the feature.  C and R are both obsessed with checking to see if the line on K's diaper is yellow (dry) or blue (wet).

15 comments:

Mrs. Whary said...

She is absolutely LOVELY!! Congratulations!!

Annette W. said...

She sure is lovely!

Peterson Party said...

Aww, she's so sweet! So happy to hear that you guys are all adjusting well to the new baby :)

Jenny said...

She is so cute! I just want to kiss that sweet face!

I'm so glad she's doing well. How is it to start over? Does it feel like that? Abby is 7 and I can't imagine having a newborn. I wonder how it would be?

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Oh! She looks so sweet and soft. I want to hold her!!!

Debbie said...

She is so precious. I believe you when you say she is beginning to smile. It sounds like she is an alert baby, they do tend to smile early. I know Selena was that way at a very early age.

Unknown said...

I just wanna cuddle her up and kiss her sweet little cheeks- after I have thoroughly "Purelled" myself, of course...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Michelle said...

She is just beautiful...congratulations again :)

Ticia said...

I just want to cuddle her, she's ADORABLE!

I'm guessing pretty new, because my friends with diapers haven't mentioned it recently.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

She is beautiful! What an interesting invention from Huggies - Lars and I used to joke about this as a useful feature for diaper users :)

Kelly said...

She's absolutely gorgeous! Love Hanna Anderson anything too.

Little Wonders' Days

Sherri said...

1 WEEK!
Time does fly!
She is precious and perfect!
I'm excited about your car seat recommendation!

Brimful Curiosities said...

Goodness, she doesn't even look like a newborn. Look at all her lovely hair! Congratulations, by the way! :)

MaryAnne said...

She is gorgeous!!! I always wondered how the Peg Perego car seats were - good to hear you like yours!

Susana said...

She looks perfect. I just love the pink. Her little head looks so sweet. Such tiny feet in those socks too.

Awesome carseat! I know you will love that!