Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lunch Box Love

It's time for me to start packing lunches again.  My children will be in school for six hours each day, and I see the lunch box as an opportunity to let my children know that I love them.  I like to do that with little messages.  Sometimes I write a little note, or put a picture or a knock knock joke in there, but I also LOVE to write on their food!


A little heart or smiley face goes a long way.  I used fast dry icing to write on these homemade chocolate chip cookies that C will find in his lunch today.


Food safe markers are typically thought of as a tool for decorating cakes and cookies, but they can be used to write on anything from sandwiches to fruits and vegetables.

To make the lunches special, I will also use large cookie cutters to cut their sandwiches into fun shapes and


tiny cookie cutters will be used to make shapes out of cheese, fruit leather, vegetables, and anything else that can be cut.

A simple online search will reveal amazing lunches that people make for their children.  I am not claiming to be that creative, but I think a little lunch box love goes a long way.
 

7 comments:

MaryAnne said...

What a fun way to create lunch time smiles =)

Jenny said...

You are so fun. I clearly remember how excited I was when my Mom would write on my napkin. It really made my day!

Jennifer said...

You're AWESOME!!!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Very sweet! I was always just happy if Mom remembered to stick an ice pack in, so the bologna sandwiches wouldn't go bad before lunch :)

Ticia said...

They must know how incredibly loved they are

Susana said...

I always liked doing fun and sweet things like this for Hanna. I think it is a wonderful way to remind them you are thinking of them throughout their school day.

The cookies look yummy!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Seriously, I must be the most boring mom on Earth. Every lunch is the same - creamcheese sandwich and some fruit. That's what daughter insists on. Perhaps fun cookie cutters will help :)