Monday, May 28, 2012

Fifteen


Happy Fifteenth Birthday to my firstborn.  It has been amazing watching you grow (and grow and grow) into a young man.  It seems like just yesterday that you were born.  I still remember holding you for the first time.  I remember unwrapping you from the hospital blankets and being totally amazed that you were mine...ten little toes and ten little fingers, this little baby boy weighing 7 pounds 11 1/2 ounces.  Now you are fifteen, time sure does fly.  I hope you have a wonderful year and many, many more wonderful birthdays.

At fifteen, T:
- is almost six feet tall
- is finishing his freshman year of high school
- played freshman football and was on the spring track team (well, he did these before turning 15, obviously)
- is very intelligent
- listens to country music most of the time
- is still a Steelers fan
- has a very sweet girlfriend
- has been to Europe (Tom and I have yet to go)
- loves to read
- prefers meat and potatoes
- plans on playing a lot of tennis this summer
- enjoys playing video games on his Xbox
- knows a lot about military weaponry
- likes to watch stand up comics


T had two friends sleep over this weekend and I made peanut butter cup cupcakes.  I made them by putting a little batter in each cupcake liner, then placing a mini peanut butter cup in each one, and then covering with more batter.


I topped them with chopped peanut butter cups and baked them.  I swirled on chocolate frosting and topped each with a peanut butter cup.

For dinner tonight, T requested steak, mashed potatoes, and corn.  His girlfriend came over for dinner and cake.  The cake was chocolate caramel.


Happy Birthday T!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday to T! I knew he was tall, but almost 6 foot! WOW!

The cupcakes look so good!

I hope T had a great birthday!

Ticia said...

Awwwww. Happy birthday T! I'd ask for steak too (I'd skip the potatoes though and get bread).

I'm scared for when my boys get that tall. Jeff keeps teasing me about it.

Sherri said...

We have chocolate peanut butter lovers around here too! :)
Happy Birthday T!!
You sound like a fantastic young man!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Happy belated birthday to T! I'm still a little jealous of Scotland part of his trip :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday T!! The cupcakes look amazing and like something I would love! His dinner choice is right up my alley as well :-)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Happy belated birthday to T! Having one in high school and one under one must be an amazing experience!