Thursday, May 24, 2012

Tom's Birthday

Yesterday was Tom's birthday.  We only give presents to the kids for birthdays, but I made one of his favorite dinners (chicken and black bean salsa on corn tortillas) and one of his favorite desserts (key lime pie).


I forgot to take a picture before I cut it!  I bought 100% key lime juice from Whole Foods and followed the recipe on the bottle.  It came out great.



C and R each wrapped up a can of his favorite beer (Harpoon - already sitting in the house) and gave it to him!  The picture is the can C wrapped.

They also made him cards:



I think it was a great day!

5 comments:

Susana said...

OK, Christy, I am LOL about them wrapping a can of his favorite beer and giving it to him!! Their cards are so sweet!

Thank you for the heads up on the key lime juice and recipe. I am SO excited--we have a Whole Foods opening up here the end of the summer!! I am heading to Publix though and getting a key lime pie tomorrow.

I hope Tom enjoyed his dinner and pie!

Ticia said...

Sounds like a very yummy dinner! I hope he had a great day!

Jenny said...

LOL about them wrapping up cans of beer. Sounds like a good Dad birthday to me!

Anonymous said...

LOL love that they wrapped him some cans! That pie looks amazing! I wish I could have a slice right now!

MaryAnne said...

Mike LOVES Key Lime pie. I guess I'll have to visit Whole Foods and look for that juice and the recipe on the bottle!