Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Chango Bars, Circus Lions, Art, and Obama

A small sampling of April from C:
These are Chango bars that I made for C to bring in to school.  His class read the book, Jalapeno Bagels by Natasha Wing, and one of the recipes the main character makes is Chango Bars.  They are yummy; maybe someday we will make jalapeno bagels too.  

C's work based on the book Jalapeno Bagels by Natasha Wing

This lion in a circus car was made by drawing (carving) a lion on styrofoam with a pencil and then using the foam as a stamp.
This lion was made with clay.

C's circus tent was drawn with markers



C drew all of the lines and numbered the spaces, then he gave it to me as an assignment.  I had fun coloring while he was in school, and he was happy that I completed the project quickly :0)
C's book report, I love his drawing of Barack Obama - he looks like a Muppet.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

Ok, did the school make him read that book or did he choose it? His drawing does look like a muppet. LOL!

I love his circus tent and circus car drawings! So cool!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wow C's handwriting and spelling is great. I am very impressed. He is definitely learning a lot in school.

Ticia said...

Ha ha, he really does!

Sherri said...

This is an awesome project!
His details are amazing!