Friday, May 18, 2012

Shirley Temples

R saw a commercial for a Shirley Temple DVD and wanted to see more.  She watched a few YouTube videos and we borrowed a DVD from the library.  R claims that she enjoyed the movie, but I think she was bored and really just likes to see Shirley Temple sing!  The short YouTube clips are just right for her.

I made Shirley Temples for the kids to drink.  C and R only had a few sips (neither one of them really cares for soda even though R pretends to like it), but T drank his and what was left of his siblings!

A Shirley Temple is ginger ale, cherry juice (from the jar of maraschino cherries), and one or two or eight maraschino cherries.



4 comments:

Jenny said...

Cute idea!

Ticia said...

I'd add 10 or so cherries. I'd always thought Shirley Temples were seven up with cherries, so now I've learned :)

Anonymous said...

Oh yum! I love Shirley Temples!!

Sherri said...

These are my kids favorite!