Friday, May 18, 2012

Our House


We are currently in the middle of Rhino Shielding our house.  Yes, I know that rhino shielding is not a verb, but it is for the purposes of this post.  So far, they have scraped all of the paint off and now they are sanding the house.  I thought the scraping noise all day long was annoying, but it was so much more tolerable than the sanding - it sounds like I am trapped inside of a huge bee's nest!  I will be so happy when they are done.



If you are not familiar with Rhino Shield, they use a ceramic based paint and guarantee it for life.  Disney, Nascar, and the Lizzie Borden house are some of the big name clients of Rhino Shield.

This is a picture of our house right after we moved here in 2009:


We are sticking with the same color scheme, but our green is a little more green than the original color.

The main color will be Benjamin Moore Caldwell Green:

The trim color will be Benjamin Moore Popcorn Kernel:

Our doors will be Benjamin Moore Parisian Red:


Choosing paint colors (especially knowing they will be there for a very long time) was very stressful, but Tom did a great job painting color after color on the side of the house until we were happy and confident in our choices.  

I will post more pictures as the process continues.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I always wondered about Rhino Shield. We have vinyl siding, but my Mom could use to have Rhino Shielding done. I can't wait to see how it turns out. Nice colors too!

Ticia said...

We have brick, so I didn't even know about that. It sounds very cool. And I agree choosing paint colors can be stressful.

Anonymous said...

Wow it is going to look so good! Can't wait to see it finished! I have never heard of a rhino shield for a house before!

Sherri said...

It's going to look so awesome! I can't wait to see it!
I love your house! :)