Sunday, August 5, 2012

Collin's 8th Birthday Party

We had a birthday party for Collin yesterday.  It was very hot and humid, but everyone had a great time.

Collin asked me to make cake pops for the party.  We used Funfetti cake and vanilla frosting to make them.  He picked out the candy coating color and the sprinkles.

This Lego style candy was a big hit with all of the kids.  I bought five pounds of candy - I used two pounds for goody bags and three pounds sat out on the table - there is none left!



 We got an obstacle course bouncy house this year.  It was SO hot out that I wondered if the kids would use it, but the heat didn't stop them.



Our hammock was just as popular as the bouncy house.




Collin picked out a cookies and cream ice cream cake from Coldstone Creamery and used his Lego Ninjago guys to decorate the cake.







 Everyone had a lot of fun!






Building with this candy is almost as much fun as eating it!







Most of the guests were gone by the time Collin opened his presents.  I thought it was very sweet that he read every word of every card.

The party ended with a few fun fireworks and sparklers.

It was a great day!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

So fun! The picture of him decorating his cake made me think of my nephew. He always uses his figures to decorate his cakes and he spends a lot of time and thought on them.

I can't imagine being in a bounce house in the heat, but kids just don't seem to care about that stuff. I bet they all had a blast!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Happy birthday to Collin! It looks like a terrific party. I wonder what 8 year old boys want for their birthday. Anna keeps asking for her own Kindle!

Ticia said...

Happy birthday Collin! My boys would have loved that party too!

Sherri said...

That is cool that he read every word...not many kids do that! :)
I have never done the bouncy house thing, I've thought of it...you'll have to tell me if it was worth it!
This party looks like an amazing time! Your a fun mom! I really do want to be your neighbor! Every detail is fun!
brooke is my ice cream cake girl, that's what she wants every year! In fact, I never did make her an ice cream cake, and she has asked 100 times...I better get it done! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great party! I love the idea of renting a bounce house!

MaryAnne said...

Looks like the kids had a blast!