Monday, August 13, 2012

Summer Bucket List Update

This weekend, Tom took Tyler, Collin, Reagan, and Olivia hiking in the Blue Hills.


It was hot, but the kids had a great time.

Yesterday, Collin and Reagan tried origami.  We used the easiest book in a Dover origami kit and I had to help them with some of the projects, but some they were able to complete alone.


cat

pig

dog


Reagan was very proud of this cup because she made it without any help.
Collin and I worked together to make this frog - it really jumps!


house

dog
So, Collin and Reagan were able to check off two more items from their summer bucket list.  They still have quite a bit left:

- Make s'mores in a solar oven (I have the supplies ready, we are just waiting for the right day when it is hot and the kids haven't had too much junk.  I avoided it last week because of all of the birthday celebrations and this week Collin has camp at the Audubon Society, so maybe next week.)

- Bowling (they are hoping Grandma will do this with them - how is that for a hint?!!!)

- Children's museum (I am purposely waiting for the end of August when most of the Rhode Island and even a lot of Massachusetts schools are back in session so the museum is quiet.  I am looking forward to this because I think Kate will love the water room!)

- Visit the zoo and see the Toe Jam Puppet Band (I am waiting until the end of the month for this one too, and it will be Kate's first visit to the zoo!)

- Mini golf

- Do something nice for a neighbor

- Geocaching (not sure if this will happen)

- Mystic (not sure about this either)

- Make a summer scrapbook

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the origami projects!! Reagan did a great job on the cup!I love Collin's puppy :-) You are getting things marked off on your bucket list!

Jenny said...

Fun! Good idea to wait until the other kids are back in school for the museum and zoo trips. It makes a huge difference!

MaryAnne said...

I need to teach my kids how to make that frog - they would love it!

I hope you do make it geocaching - it's a favorite activity, at our house :)

Ticia said...

I love Dover books.

We wait too for school to restart :)

Sherri said...

You are good at orgami...that is one thing I have not been able to master...well, I don't master many things, but that is one I don't get at all! :)