Friday, August 10, 2012

Week In Review

Collin and Reagan really enjoyed these books this week:


I am especially fond of Won Ton!

Collin finished this book, the last book in a four part series,


and he is a little sad that there is not a fifth book.  Thank you for buying him the first book, Auntie Karen!

Collin built these Lego sets that he received for his birthday:









and he is in the process of building more!  He never tires of Lego; it amazes me.  I heard there is a local Lego group that competes; I have to look into this for him.

Collin and Reagan made sun prints:


Reagan made a flower, a sun, and an elephant and rhino walking over a bridge.




Collin had a Ninjago theme; he used the broken popsicle stick to make Cole's scythe, two stars for Zane's shurikens, and a popsicle stick for Kai's sword.


Collin and Reagan are one hundred percent responsible for their sun print designs; I think they did a great job planning them and I LOVE the final result.

We celebrated Collin's birthday at Grandma's house:




Tyler went to the gym and played a lot of tennis.  Collin and Reagan had their weekly tennis lesson.

Reagan learned how to play field hockey with her friend Karlie.


She seems to like it, though she has made it clear that she does not love it.  

Today, Collin is in Boston at the Museum of Science with Papa and Grandma for his special birthday outing.

It's amazing how busy our summer has been!




5 comments:

Ticia said...

What a great week. It looks like Collin got a lot of great Lego sets for his birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Collin! Yum cake! Love the lego sets he put together! I played field hockey all through high school (goalie) and LOVED it! I didn't learn how to play until 9th grade though!

Jenny said...

Those sun prints are awesome. I have some sun paper that I totally forgot about.

I love Legos. I want that Lego Lighthouse set, but no one has bought it for me yet. LOL!

MaryAnne said...

Thanks for reminding me to make sun prints with the kids!

I just requested Won Ton from our library - it looks great!

And do a couple of those lego sets light up? How cool!

Sherri said...

You guys find the coolest toys!
Love the sun prints!
I love how you embrace everyday!