Monday, August 20, 2012

Forty-nine Weeks


Kate doesn't have a toy phone, but she likes to take other little toys, household items, even articles of clothing like socks and hold them up to her ear and babble.  It makes me laugh out loud every time I see her do it.

"Can I get a little privacy here, I am on an important call!"



"I'm standing and it's scary!"

Kate has started to pull up more.  Just a few days ago she would cry every time she realized she was standing, but she is a little more confident now and doesn't cry as much.  She is very unstable though, and I constantly worry about her banging her teeth. 

Kate says "uh oh" now and I can't help but laugh every time.  She says it when she throws something to the floor or when she steals my sunglasses.  

Kate is still a very happy nurser.  When I thought about her nursing schedule this morning, I realized that I should probably stop nursing on demand.  The other three children did not nurse as frequently as Kate at this age and I have definitely been relying on nursing to soothe Kate.  So, I am cutting back on the frequency of nursing sessions.  Kate is a great eater, so it should not be too much of a problem.  My goal for now is to nurse four times a day (morning, early afternoon, dinner time, and bedtime).  I think weaning will be harder on me than it will be on Kate.  

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

She is adorable! Emma and Johnny used to turn everything into a cell phone like that!

Ticia said...

Weaning certainly was harder on me than on any of my kids.

All 3 of my kids did the same thing with random stuff too, which was especially funny because I'm not on the phone all that often.

Sherri said...

Standing!!! Crazy??? Where does the time go!? She is adorable!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness she looks so big standing!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

She is growing so fast. I can't believe she is almost a year. Her uh-oh is so adorable.