Monday, September 3, 2012

Fifty-one Weeks

Kate crawls so fast now!  It is funny to watch her go. She is trying so hard to stand up on her own too.

Lately, she just loves playing with Collin and Reagan.  It is so sweet to watch the three of them together.  Kate has wonderful siblings; they just adore her.  Sometimes, Collin and Reagan try to treat her like their little doll though, and she lets them know that she wants no part of that.  Most of the time, they all play great together.




Kate still adores her biggest brother too, and the feeling is mutual.




Kate points to and at everything now.  Her little fingers are so cute.




Weaning is going very well, much better than I expected.  The first few days were tough;she was very fussy, but now she is doing fine.  She nurses only between the hours of 7PM and 6AM.  I do let her nurse as much as she wants within that period (she averages three feedings), but she doesn't nurse during the day at all.


If Kate's crib could be wheeled around, she may actually sleep in it.  She can be sound asleep and the second I get close to the crib, her eyes open and she screams.  I am hoping to get her to sleep in the crib soon.  Right now, I am trying to get her to love that giraffe and use it as a lovey so that when I put her in the crib, she will have a comfort item.  I just don't want her to cry; it breaks my heart.  

6 comments:

Sherri said...

I am absolutely obsessed with sibling pictures! I love them! I love seeing the bond between the ages! You captured this beautifully! I can't believe she is crawling fast...Rex is doing the nose dive! :)

Sherri said...

I am absolutely obsessed with sibling pictures! I love them! I love seeing the bond between the ages! You captured this beautifully! I can't believe she is crawling fast...Rex is doing the nose dive! :)

MaryAnne said...

I love the photos of Tyler and Kate together!

Emma took nearly ALL of her naps in a stroller, probably from when she was around Kate's age until she stopped napping, at around 3.5! I used to take her on a walk, and then just park the stroller in the kitchen. She didn't let me recline the seat, either...

Ticia said...

Crying is so hard to bear as Mommys, and we never want to see them cry. The more I read the more I realize I've been blessed that my kids all slept well.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Happy upcoming birthday to Kate! Love this sweet sleeping face. How lovely that R and C adore her so much!

Jenny said...

Oh I hope the giraffe lovey works! It is so sad when they cry.

She is adorable and looks so happy with her siblings.