Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My Shadow


Kate does not like to be far from me.  She is constantly aware of my presence, and if I leave a room, she follows me; she is my little shadow.  Sometimes, being next to me just isn't enough; she has to be held.  If I am busy cooking or doing something else, she will hold me instead.  So, it isn't unusual for me to have the view in the above photo.  I am chopping vegetables or stirring something on the stove, and Kate is attached to my leg.  Now, I have a hard time looking at that sweet face and resisting the urge to just pick her up.

5 comments:

Susana said...

Jesse has always been the same way and I give into him pretty much every time. Just can't help it. I love, love, love holding him and always have. I have the same view as you even though he is three and some may find that bothersome or even say he's too old for it, but I'll take it any day! I know he'll grow tired of me eventually and I'll eat up all of his love and attention while it's coming my way!

Kate is beautiful, Christy! I know you are just loving her so much and having the best time with her! Enjoy her!

Anonymous said...

What a cute shadow you have!!

Sherri said...

Rex is finally obsessed with me too! He can't crawl yet...but he yelps if I leave the room! I can't say he cries...he is such a kind little fellow! He just hollers at me..to please return! :)

Ticia said...

Of course that's hard to resist, because she's just SO adorable!

MaryAnne said...

She is adorable. I would have a terrible time resisting that face...