Monday, September 10, 2012

Fifty-two Weeks

Kate is particularly fond of the song, Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star; I often hear her "singing" it.  Even though she can't really sing the song yet, it is possible to hear some of the sounds and rhythm of the song in her voice.  She also does some hand motions to go along with the song, moving her fingers for "twinkle twinkle" and putting her hands up in the air for "up above the world so high".  When she says, "up above," I think it is very clear; Tom says it is only clear because I know what she is singing.


She is just starting to cruise a little.

Kate averages three one hour naps each day - one around 9AM, one after lunch, and one in the late afternoon.  Of course, Kate's naps all happen in the stroller or in the car so I am limited in what I can get done at that time.  I typically leave her in the stroller with the kitchen door open, so I stay in the kitchen and wash dishes or prep for dinner.

Most of her clothes are 12-18 months and she will fit in them for a while.

She gets very angry when I take something away from her.  This is what she looks like when she is throwing a temper tantrum:


It almost always results in her throwing herself down,


and sometimes it results in her biting me, but she isn't quite the biter that Collin was as a toddler.  I hope the biting does not get worse!  Collin used to bite to get a reaction; Kate typically only bites when she is very angry.

Luckily, there are not too many temper tantrums.  She is a very sweet, happy baby most of the time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it has been a year! I love the twinkle twinkle little star story!

Sherri said...

The last picture made me smile!
REx loves the barney song...but all my kids love that song!? I can't believe she has little tantrums...so cute...I love all these milestones!

Ticia said...

Awww, that last shot of her almost looks like she's got this "I know you're watching me freak out" look.

Jenny said...

The temper tantrum face is funny! Abby was also an angry biter. Not fun!

So cute that she "sings" Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!

MaryAnne said...

Biting is hard to deal with. I hope she outgrows it soon!

Susana said...

These pictures are the best! She is such a cutie with the best expressions!

We've got the tantrums here! I hope Kate avoids most of them :-).