Friday, September 6, 2013

Alphabet Play - The Letter A


I started alphabet play with Kate this morning.  She has been showing an interest in letters in books, on signs, and just around the house lately, so I thought it was time to have fun with those letters.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE toddler/preschool lessons (I should be a preschool teacher), so I am excited to be doing this with her now.  I'm not doing anything too structured or showing her flashcards (BORING); we are just having fun - just as I did with the other kids, it's really about play and incorporating the alphabet into that play.

 This was Kate's first experience with Do A Dot Markers.  She seemed to enjoy using them, and she did really well putting dots in the circles!
 I cut an uppercase A out of a paper grocery bag and let her use the Dot Markers and paint to decorate it.
Next week, I plan on trying a few alphabet activities from No Time for Flashcards.  I'm a huge fan of that site; I used a lot of her ideas when Collin and Reagan were little and I'm very excited to try them with Kate.

3 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Oh, how fun that you get to redo all these activities with Kate. I sometimes miss those days where Anna was interested in whatever I had in store for her :) Kate looks like she is trying really hard!

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness she looks so big working on her A fun :-)

Sherri said...

I can't believe I missed this many posts! YOur the best mom ever! Kate is one lucky girl!