Thursday, September 12, 2013

Happy Birthday, Kate!

My sweet girl is two!  From the minute she woke up this morning, she has been asking for her cake and ice cream!  She will enjoy it thoroughly later on today!

These pictures are a little dark.  I wanted to celebrate with everyone, so that meant it had to be done at 6:30 this morning before Tom left for work and Tyler left for school.


 Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins








We gave Kate Doc McStuffins coloring pages, a pink sweatshirt, and the Little People A to Z Learning Zoo.

A few things I remember about Kate's birth:
- I woke up just before midnight on September 10th with my first strong contraction.  I was in labor all day on the 11th, and assumed she would be born that day.  We left for the hospital a little after 9 PM, and I remember being happy when midnight arrived so that she wouldn't have a September 11th birthday.
- Tom and I were SO tired.  It was a long day of contractions and waiting around, and then Kate wasn't born until after 3 AM.  At one point, Tom was trying to sleep on the floor in the labor and delivery room.  I think a nice nurse brought him a chair or something more comfortable.
- I LOVED that the labor and delivery nurse said that being of "advanced maternal age is a bunch of bologna"!!!  There are risks in every pregnancy whether you are young or old.
- Kate found her finger and put it in her mouth while the nurse was cleaning her up.  I thought she was going to be a finger sucker like Reagan was, but that was a one time thing.
- As soon as all was well, I shooed Tom out the hospital door so that he could be home to see Reagan get on the school bus for her first day of Kindergarten.  The nurse asked where he was going so soon after his baby was born!
- For Tom, Tyler, Collin, Reagan, and me it was love at first sight, and the love continues.  Kate brings joy to all of us each and every day.  She is the sweetest little girl with so much love to give.

3 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Happy birthday to your sweet girl! Time flies so fast, especially when you see babies grow online :)

Sherri said...

Dark pictures are the best when they mean that the whole family was involved in the fun! :) Your a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Aww I love that you guys all celebrated together first thing!! I am sure Kate loved having everyone together!