Thursday, September 26, 2013

Kate's Pumpkin

Kate woke up at 4:00 AM today!  She was such a grump about it too.  After walking Collin to school this morning, we continued walking for a bit and she fell asleep in the stroller (second day in a row for an early wake up and for falling asleep in the stroller); she woke up after forty minutes and was even grumpier than she had been in the early morning.  After letting her throw a fit for a bit, I pulled her out of her mood by offering a glue stick, a piece of cardboard, and some torn pieces of orange construction paper.
 You can still see a little bit of grumpiness in the above photo, but she was coming out of it.  I drew a pumpkin to the best of my ability, and let her add glue and pieces of orange construction paper to create her own pumpkin.


She created our first fall decoration and the whole experience put her in a much nicer mood.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woah on 4 am! Glad the craft helped her get out of her grumpies!

Ticia said...

4 AM that is HORRIBLE!

Sherri said...

We don't have any fall up yet....I'm so sad...I love fall! All we do is sports all day from 3-9? It's fun....but my little ones are missing so many great fall memories! We have a free day today...so I am hoping to take them to the pumpkin patch and make our home feel a bit cozier! :)