Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Baking with Kate

Kate and I made Apple Fritter Cups this morning.  She was so excited to help.

This recipe is vegan, she could safely lick the spoon.  I don't ever stop my kids from licking the spoon of non-vegan baked goods though!
The Apple Fritter Cups are similar to the apple muffins I usually make, but these have a maple glaze over the top and they don't have nuts in them.  They are good, but I think pecans would make them better.  I sprinkled some chopped pecans over the top after I tried one, but I wish I had thought to put them in the batter.  The recipe came from the Everyday Happy Herbivore cookbook.

3 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

It looks yummy! I allow spoon licking too.

Anonymous said...

oh man those look delicious!!!

Sherri said...

That is too much fun!!