Thursday, February 16, 2012

100 Days of School

C's class celebrated their 100th day of school on Monday.  C had to write about what he would do with $100.00.


I love everything about this.  I think it is so sweet that he decided to give his sister some of the money, and I am also proud of him for deciding to save half of the money for college.  I think his money management skills are perfect.

Kindergarten started school two days after the rest of the elementary school, so R celebrated her 100th day of school yesterday.  They made these great hats and worked on counting by tens.


At home, we read these books:



6 comments:

MaryAnne said...

C's essay is wonderful!

Emma started kindergarten a couple days late, too - now I'm wondering if her class delayed the 100th day, too, or just went with the rest of the school's schedule.

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story C wrote!!! Love R's hat :-)

Sherri said...

This is a great idea!
My kids don't get 100 days of school and they miss it...but they reached page 100 in almost all their books...maybe I'll do 100 day celebration when they reach 100 in all of them! They miss that fun little celebration!

Ticia said...

That is so sweet. Looks like he's got a good head on his shoulders for saving, I wonder if he'll do that long term.

Jenny said...

Yikes, I'm behind on your blog somehow!

C's handwriting is awesome! I love what he wrote. What a sweet boy!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

C is such a good brother! His handwriting and spelling are SO good. It's hard to imagine that Anna and R will be able to write so much in 2 years.