Friday, February 24, 2012

School Vacation Week

The kids have been home from school all week.  I think they have had a lot of fun, but for some reason they don't think they did much.

We pulled out a few different kits the kids received as gifts for birthdays, Christmas, etc.

C made this Model Magic Spiderman:




C and R both made soap art:



They also made their own bouncy balls:




Rainbow toast was made by them, but eaten by me after they decided they didn't like painted food.


They had fun outings with grandparents and friends, including a sleepover with breakfast in bed and a trip to a roller rink!!!

Also, it had to be the nicest February vacation week ever and that meant lots of time for bike riding.  C and R are both riding without training wheels and they are doing very well too!





Boring week, right?  Poor kids don't ever get to do anything!!!!!!!!!!  Ha!!!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL, that's how Abby is. We'll be gone all day and then she'll say, "this is the worst day ever". Yeah, right!

To me, it looks like they sure had a fun time. The bouncy balls are awesome. Abby is still using training wheels, since she hasn't had much practice. It's on Dave's to do list this Summer.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Wow - this sounds like a busy week! Anna spent her break in a Y camp and she enjoyed it a lot. There was also a field trip to a roller rink, and now she is asking for rollerblades.

Ticia said...

Interesting, we don't have winter breaks here, so I hadn't heard of that before. We get a break in the middle of March for spring.

It's always amusing to me how you can do so many things and they think they've done nothing.

Anonymous said...

LOL I am not sure how they survived such a boring week :-P I on the other hand would have had a lot of fun doing that week!

Sherri said...

It looks like a fun filled weekend!
I can't believe we are all riding bikes in Feb. We were out also...and loving it!
You guys are loads of fun kits!

MaryAnne said...

What an awesome week! I am LOVING the weather this February!!!

Their kits look awesome, and I'm really impressed at how beautifully their bouncing balls turned out!

Debbie said...

I love how kids either think they have done way too much or not enough. Looks like they had fun to me.