Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love Puzzles


I recently bought some blank puzzles for the kids to decorate.  They used Sharpies to create their puzzles with special messages, then took them apart and gave them to friends and family.

These are the puzzles C made:




He is so sweet.  I love the puzzle he made for me.  I'm sure his teacher will be touched by the special message he wrote for her too!

Here are the puzzles R made:

The puzzle on the left is for Auntie Karen and Uncle Mark.  It says, "I like hugs not cis (kisses).   I hate the cat songs."  On Christmas, Auntie Karen was telling us about a song she sang to her cat ("June the cat") and it kind of upstaged R's dance routine that she was putting on for everyone, so R made it clear that she did not like the cat song.  Obviously, it is a big deal to R because she is still talking about it months later!
 The puzzle on the right is for Dad, and it says, "Nap pee Nap Crap Crap (lovely, long story).  Happy Valentine's Day Dood (Dude)."  R is all girl, but she loves potty talk more than most boys!

R also decorated the back of her puzzles.  On the back of Auntie Karen's she wrote, "I love you", and she drew a picture on the back of Dad's - it says, "Werd Giye (weird guy)".
R made this puzzle for her teachers:

This is the back:


"Mrs. Rayray and Miss Lisa are aliens and they are cute and Reagan with them".   Mrs. Rayray actually called to tell me that she and Miss Lisa laughed hysterically after they put the puzzle together.  She also said that R makes her laugh all day long - I believe it!

It's funny how C and R show their personalities in everything they do.  I can't help but laugh because C loves to be sweet and loving and R loves to be kooky and silly (while still being very loving).  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!! What a fun way to give a special gift/message for them to read later!

Jenny said...

LOL, that is hilarious. I thought it said crap. Abby likes talking about farts a lot, since our cat has the stinkiest farts ever. Seriously, you could pass out. LOL!

These puzzles are so fun!

Susana said...

This is hilarious, really! I would have never guessed R to be so dang silly! She and Joe would LOVE hanging out together. He is the king in our home of potty talk and major silliness!

These puzzles are SO cool! I am ordering them tonight :-). I love how your kids' turned out!

Ticia said...

I love those puzzles. What a great idea. I've actually got a "puzzle maker" kit hidden away somewhere I should pull it out soon.

MaryAnne said...

What a wonderful teacher gift idea!