Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Little Bit of Christmas

I have kept the Christmas decorations to a minimum this year.  Honestly, I donated a lot of our decorations to the Salvation Army because I just didn't like them very much and I can't stand to have too much stuff out.  I think the house still looks festive.  We have mistletoe, our gingerbread house, a large nutcracker (Kate LOVES him),


a wreath on the door, and a few other things.  We do not have a tree yet; I am waiting a bit longer because I am certain that Kate will spend every minute of the day trying to pull everything off of the tree.  Collin and Reagan would like to have decorations all over every inch of our house and always ask for more.  I keep telling them they can have all the decorations they want (including those ridiculous blow up things on their lawns) when they have their own houses.

Collin and Reagan created some window art on the sliding glass doors to add a little more Christmas decor to the house.  They used a stencil kit we bought last year and added details with Crayola window crayons.





This is Reagan's door.  Santa is in the red sleigh and that is Mrs. Claus all in green in her very own green sleigh.

Collin decorated this door; you have to love the alien.
I have been trying to read at least one Christmas book to them each day.  We also like to find things in this book:


For some reason, they like to sit ON the table when we are searching for hidden pictures.
Today, we went to Ma Raffa's for Kids Night.  The character for this week was the Grinch.  We go to see him every year because he is THAT good.  The man that plays him has his voice down perfectly and even his gestures are right on.  He manages to make me laugh every year!



Surprisingly, Kate wasn't afraid of him at all.  Intrigued, but not afraid.


After we ate, the kids listened to the book and made a quick craft.



Two weeks until Christmas!

4 comments:

Sherri said...

I am so jealous! I want to take my kids to see the grinch! I want to do a grinch week....but I may run out of time!
I am a limited Christmas decorator as well...although, like you, it does look like Christmas over here! :)

Anonymous said...

What fun! I love the decorated window! I donated a bunch of stuff this year after I decorated!

MaryAnne said...

I love the window stencils!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Love your window decorations. Too funny that C & R love to sit on the table, Anna does too!