Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Fifteen Months

I simply adore the way Kate walks, or toddles, around the house.  Her steps are so deliberate and I love the concentration on her face.  She is walking more and more each day, but she still crawls quite a bit.

The way she snuggles this little baby doll is absolutely precious.  She will cry, "bubba" if the doll is out of her reach, and when I ask her if she loves her baby, she snuggles it in her neck and rocks back and forth.  It may be the sweetest thing I have ever seen.

She LOVES these little baby dolls.  The one in the picture above is Reagan's doll, and she has had it for quite a while.  Reagan named it "Karate Baby" for some reason.  Since Kate fell in love with it, I bought two more (they are about $3 at Target), one that Kate carries around and sleeps with (in the picture below) and one I put away just in case the other gets lost!  I am constantly cleaning the baby because it is always covered in whatever Kate is eating.



On Monday, Daddy offered Kate her choice of cookies from a container and Kate took two!
She was very happy about the cookies and would not put them down!  She used her forearms to pick up her cup so that she didn't have to let go of the cookies!

I have never seen a child this young enjoy sweets as much as she does!

Kate also loves frozen blueberries.  If the freezer is open, she will look for them and grab the bag.  She eats so many that her fingernails often look like this:

Gross!  That is all blueberry, no dirt in those nails.  I promise.

One of my favorite things about Kate right now is that she finds music and rhythm everywhere.  Not only does she dance to real music, but she also bebops to the sound of Kelly drinking out of her water bowl, the sound of a grocery cart moving over pavement, ice dropping into a pitcher, and any other consistent noise.  It is so very cute.

Sleep has been rough for Kate lately.  I don't know what happened, but she is having trouble falling asleep (lots of crying) and is waking up in the middle of the night.  Her naps are hit or miss too; sometimes she naps and sometimes she doesn't.  I am SO very tired.  Poor Reagan (Kate's roommate) has been woken up a lot lately too.  I hope Kate gets back to her routine soon.

6 comments:

Ticia said...

I remember Wendy going through a similar phase for a while too. It seemed like it was nightmares before she had the words to explain it.

Sherri said...

I think Rex and Kate would be great friends! He loves to dance to everything too..I didn't know there was another little baby..who makes all noises in our house...dancing music!
Brooke had a doll like that, and this brings back great memories! My other two girls skipped right over babies and went straight to barbies! I still want to buy Annika a baby doll!

Anonymous said...

She is getting so big! Love the baby doll story!

Susana said...

These are the sweetest, sweetest pictures of her.

OK, the dog water bathing is hilarious!!!! LOVE it!

Your Santa pic this year looks like the best experience ever :). Seriously, it is the best! I hope Kate recovered quickly.

You and I will be so glad years from now to have all of these little things documented. I truly think the little things, the everyday will be what we treasure most.

MaryAnne said...

I love those little Target baby dolls! We own three, and Lily is getting another one for Christmas!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

How cute about the dolls. In our house it was (and still is) a favorite baby blanket and a favorite stuffed animal, but blanket is not allowed to leave the bedroom :) Anna still sleeps with both of them. Hopefully sleep will come back to normal soon!