Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve morning began with emails from Santa.


I loved watching them listen to Santa mention specific details about the past year; the looks on their faces were just precious!  They both seemed relieved to find out they were on the NICE LIST!

Early on Christmas Eve day, we baked and decorated sugar cookies.  




 I think Reagan and Collin both did a great job decorating this year.  They did more than just cover every bit of cookie with frosting and sprinkles!


Collin's Cookie Plate

Reagan's Cookie Plate

Mom's Cookie Plate


Our Little Helper
 Kate was so tired while we were decorating cookies and she kept sticking her fingers in the frosting and putting it in her mouth.  She spit out the cookies though!


Baking and decorating cookies is one of my favorite things to do with the kids.  It's nice to see how their decorating has changed over the years, and cookies are just fun!

Later in the day, Papa and Grandma M came over to exchange presents.










 Somehow, I didn't take pictures of the dogs.  Papa and Grandma gave Collin and Reagan battery operated dogs that roll and roll and roll and laugh the whole time.  We couldn't help laughing at how crazy these things are!

Kate has Tyler's phone in this picture.  She loves to pretend to talk on the phone.  So funny and cute. Love her.
Everyone was happy to have a conversation with Auntie Karen on the ipad.  I bet Auntie Karen had a headache from the experience though!  Tom joked that halfway through she put a cardboard cutout of herself in front of her screen so that she didn't have to listen to the craziness on the other end!

Reagan made Reindeer Food (oats, bird seed, and sparkly sugar) in school on Friday and Collin made some at home.
 They sprinkled it on the lawn so the reindeer would be sure to stop here.



Christmas pajamas were opened by all four kids.





We played WiiU (family Christmas present) for a little while.



Before Collin and Reagan went to bed, they said good bye to Cherry,

and left cookies and milk for Santa and a carrot and celery for the reindeer.

I should mention that we also tracked Santa on Norad.  I may have even continued to track Santa until I went to bed!  I had to make sure I was in bed before he arrived!!!!!

5 comments:

Ticia said...

Merry Christmas!

My kids are still at the dump as much on the cookies as they can stage, but I'm also not a big cookie person, so we don't make them a lot. We do however eat lots of chips and salsa....... Probably not the same thing.

Reading your post made me realize I forgot to get Christmas jammies this year, oops!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas eve! I love the Sack race Cherry was having!

Sherri said...

WOW! You really know how to make the most of Christmas! Look at your awesome cookies for Santa! Wow! I love all the fun! Kate on the phone is adorable!

MaryAnne said...

What a fun way to celebrate!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

You had a really fun Christmas Eve! Love R and K's pajamas - they look so cute together!