Friday, December 21, 2012

The Week Before Christmas!

I'm not sure where the time goes.  The weeks just keep flying by!

This week, our elf was busy

making red and green cereal necklaces,

covering our tree in toilet paper,

infecting the house with Christmas pox,

and setting up a scavenger hunt.

Unfortunately, too much arguing over the scavenger hunt made Cherry return to the North Pole for some rest and relaxation.  Maybe he will come back, we aren't sure yet.

Earlier this week, Collin and Reagan made perler bead ornaments.



Collin made the tree, gingerbread boy, and bell, and Reagan made the star and angel.  I love the way they came out.  We just tied string through them and hung them on the tree.

This morning, I spent an hour helping in Reagan's class.  They spent the day doing all things GRINCH, and I helped them make Grinch cookies.



I have been LOVING the 12 videos of Christmas over at Becky Higgins' blog.  So many of them have brought tears to my eyes.  I wish I knew how to edit videos and set them to music!  I should work on that.  Hmmmm, sounds like a resolution!  I do want to take more video of my kids.  If you haven't seen the videos, go watch them now -- click here to go there right away!  So far, video #1 (click here to see it) is my favorite.

6 comments:

Susana said...

Poor Cherry :). I hope he makes a return, but if not, just enjoy your time off from him too!

My resolution is also to make videos a few times a month. Just as important as the pictures.

We attempted perler beads this week too...post coming.

The Grinch cookies are adorable! I hope y'all have a super fun weekend!

MaryAnne said...

I love reading about your elf mischief every year. Maybe we'll even join in next year...

I've been wanting to make perler bead ornaments. Time to get some metal cookie cutters!

Anonymous said...

Love your ornaments! Cherry is always so much fun! I hope he returns soon! The Grinch cookies are super cute!

Sherri said...

you are the best elf mommy in the world! I love the pearl bead ornaments!

Ticia said...

Ooohhhh, I like that idea for perler beads, I'm thinking dig them out now.......

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I also love this idea for perler beads - much faster than to do them on the boards. Your Elf is very clever!