Saturday, December 15, 2012

Week In Review

Collin and Reagan found Cherry on top of the world one day this week.  We wondered if he was planning Santa's route or maybe just thinking of home.  He had a letter from Santa with magic seeds and instructions.



 They followed the directions and planted the seeds.  
 Look what grew!


Another day, we found him with elf friends and elf books...maybe an elf book club?

In other news.....

I made reindeer cookies - Nutter Butters, melted chocolate, pretzel twists, candy eyes, and red m&m candies.

Collin and Reagan made ornaments.




I made special pancakes.  Originally, I planned to make Santa pancakes, but Collin and Reagan both thought they were elf pancakes, so I went with it!!!!!!  It wasn't until after Lindsay commented that I realized I forgot to give him a beard - duh! - no wonder they thought it was an elf and not Santa.  I am sleep deprived!


 AND we finally got a tree!  It is a beautiful tree, maybe the nicest one we have ever had.  Tom and Collin picked it out while Reagan, Kate and I were at gymnastics.







For every ornament we put on the tree, Kate took two off.  Maybe that is an exaggeration, but she took a lot off!



These pictures of our tree decorating don't show any of the arguing, crying, or whining.  Let's just pretend none of that happened!


7 comments:

Susana said...

Your tree is beautiful. I thought the arguing, crying and whining were just the norm for tree decorating??

Kate looks like she is so serious and knows exactly what she has in mind in the picture walking and holding the ornament. She is precious!

LOVE the reindeer cookies!

Anonymous said...

WOW your tree looks gorgeous!! LOL on the happy pictures are what happened.. that happened at your house too! Love the elf pancakes.. maybe because they didn't have a beard?

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

The tree looks beautiful. Too funny about Santa without a beard!

Sherri said...

Love every detail from the snowflake ornaments, to the santa pancakes..growing Christmas treats...on and on...your house is too much fun..we are coming to your house next year for Christmas!

Ticia said...

Look at Kate walking around! I don't think I'd realized it quite as clearly until I saw the pictures in this post.

MaryAnne said...

That tree is stunning!!! Love the ornaments, too.

Jenny said...

That is a beautiful tree, it fit perfectly!

You all have been having so much fun! LOL about the arguing and fighting not in the pictures. That's the lovely thing about pictures and why I can't stand video cameras.