Friday, June 20, 2014

Around Here

 We went to Madison's sixth birthday party last Saturday, and all of the kids had a great time with these Belly Boppers.  

Of course, I couldn't help but think of the time Reagan and I had fun with Belly Boppers at Davis' Mega Maze.


Kate finger painted this week.  This is a HUGE deal because she has never wanted to get her fingers sticky or goopy or anything that goes along with finger painting.  She LOVED it!  As you can see, her messy fingers found her face.

 This silly faced girl insists on carrying a bag full of toys with her when we leave the house.  Sometimes (like when I'm rushing out the door, which sadly is more often than not), this can be difficult for me to deal with, but it's important to her and it is really harmless, so I am trying to let her be who she is and go along with the whole thing.
 We had a picnic outside after school earlier this week.







Collin and Reagan are learning how to play chess.

 Kate loves to hang out and play in boxes.  It's exciting to receive nice big boxes like this one.

 Reagan and Ellie have been playing Cake Wars and Cookie Wars with play dough before school each morning.  The top creation is by Reagan, and the bottom creation is by Ellie.  I have to be the judge, and it is not easy.

Ellie brought me this Edible Arrangement yesterday to say thank you for having her over before school every morning.  We all enjoyed it, and the fruit disappeared quickly.  I get teary eyed when I think about Ellie going off to middle school in the fall.  We are going to miss her tremendously; she is incredibly sweet and she has been a great part of our morning fun.

If you look closely, you may be able to see that Kate is wearing underwear!  Woo hoo!  She has not worn a diaper since Saturday; that's right NO DIAPERS, not even at night!!!!!!  She has been easy to train, and I am so proud of her!

I'll end this post with a video of Kate singing "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" from Frozen.
For those of you that read this via email, you have to go to the blog to see the video.  Go see it; she's so darn cute.

2 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Reagan looks so different with her two front teeth!

Sherri said...

I love that Kate brings a bag of toys with her...that's a memory you will always remember! I have to admit...I have a few toy carriers too! ;)
You deserve that edible arrangement...You have been such a blessing to little Ellie....and I am sure she blesses your home too! She looks like such a sweetie!!
Those playdough cake wars are awesome!
I hope to have my kids play chess someday...can you believe even my oldest have never played?