Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Many Faces of Kate at the Zoo

Kate and I went to the Buttonwood Park Zoo this morning.  She had so much fun, and she was such a joy to be with.  I laughed so much with her today; she is just so funny and so darn cute.

Kate is all about making silly faces for pictures now.  She cracks me up.

 Kate rode the carousel twice.  Her first ride was on the hummingbird, and the second time she chose the zebra.  It was nice that she was able to choose which animal to ride; I love visiting the zoo when it is quiet.
 Lots of silly faces.

 Yes, she has a nasty bruise smack dab in the middle of her forehead.  She tripped over a blanket and hit her head on a chair.
 We also rode the train twice, and she chose the blue car both times.

Kate enjoyed seeing each and every animal, but she was content to take a quick look at the animal and move on to the next one.

When she gave me a chance to read the signs about each animal, I tried to tell her what each animal likes to eat.  The bald eagle likes to eat fish, and when I mentioned this, Kate said, "I love to eat fish".  I responded somewhat surprised with, "You do?", and Kate said, "YES!!!  I love to eat fishy crackers".  She didn't realize she was being funny, or that the "fish" she likes to eat are very different from the fish the bald eagle eats.

She is just so much fun; I love this little girl.

After the zoo, we went to Harve's to buy new shoes for Kate, and then we had lunch with Papa and Grandma at Not Your Average Joe's.  Kate loved playing cards with Grandma and trying on her bracelets.  I wish I had thought to take pictures at lunch!

Kate was exhausted after all of the fun, and she fell asleep on the car ride home.  She told me several times today that she had "so much fun" and that she "loved the zoo", and hearing that from my sweet girl is just about the best thing in the world.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I didn't think that my kids were fish eaters either...but it seems I have been corrected! :)
I can't believe how good she is at making faces! wow!! She is a pro! And they are all cute! I love your family! WE are going to meet soon! :)

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment with that cutie!! Love the fish cracker story!