Thursday, June 26, 2014

Baking Soda Dough

 This is yet another Pinterest find.  I used one large underbed storage bin for both girls.  I gave them each two cups of baking soda, and then they added one little packet of Kool Aid for scent, a few drops of food coloring to match the color of their Kool Aid, and 1/4 cup of water.  Kool Aid reacts with baking soda, so we had a little bit of fizzing going on.

 They mixed it all up.



 The texture is crumbly and the scent is delightful.  They enjoyed playing with it just like this for a while.

 And then I gave them squeeze bottles full of vinegar.


 I had to refill those squeeze bottles a few times!

When all of the fizzing stopped, their red and blue sections had combined to make purple, and they added boats for an entirely different play experience.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like so much fun!!

Sherri said...

Another great activity I hope to remember for my kiddos!
I love the last picture of them playing!