Saturday, June 21, 2014

T is for Turtle


 This turtle may be my favorite fun food creation ever.  He's just adorable.  I saw a similar turtle on Pinterest and changed it a little based on what I had on hand.  The original turtle I saw had an apple head, but I think the kiwi actually looks more realistic.


 I gave Kate a cereal box and dot markers.  Later I cut out pieces to make a turtle.


 I hid some turtles in the water beads for her to find.  She really liked this!

I also added turtles to the water table.  Reagan told me a few of the turtles are land turtles - OOPS!

We read Turtle Splash! Countdown at the Pond.  Kate has been taking this book to bed with her all week.
I can't believe we only have six letters left!  This is working very well for Kate.  She enjoys our letter fun, and she recognizes quite a few letters now.  It's fun for me too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness that turtle is too cute!! Looks like a fun week!!

Sherri said...

I love love love your turtle watermelon! So cute! And your colored beads! Fun!! I wish you could teach my kids their letters!?