Friday, June 27, 2014

Brooklawn Park

I haven't been to Brooklawn Park in New Bedford since I was a kid, but today we went there to check out the (fairly) new splash pad and playground.  It was funny to be in that park again; it brought back so many memories.  I remember going there to feed the ducks when I was very young.

The new splash pad is very nice and the playground is great too.  The girls enjoyed it!  The sun was warm, but there was a cool breeze; the girls did not care.  Kate was shivering, but insisted on staying in there for quite some time.  Both girls dried off to play on the playground for a while and then went back to the splash pad.

Papa and Grandma met us at the park.  It was very nice having them there to help keep an eye on the kids, and it was great to spend some time with them!








 Kate loved the little bursts of water coming up in the above picture.  They seemed to be just the right size for her.  She spent a lot of time there.

Reagan was all about the HUGE splash of water being dumped on her from the buckets.


Collin wasn't up for splashing, but he did like the playground.  I didn't get any pictures of him though.  That's okay, we'll definitely be back there this summer and I'll make sure to take his picture then!

I did drive by my grandparents' (Wade) old house to show the kids.  18 Edna Street - funny how I remember that address even though I was very young when they lived there; I think they moved to Fairhaven when I was about five or six, but I'm not certain.  I took a picture just for the fun of it.  I remember sitting on that front porch with sparklers!  So funny!


I am thoroughly enjoying summer vacation right now.  It is SO nice to be able to do fun things with the kids and be more relaxed.  They are all at great ages for going places and having fun.  I hope we have a wonderful summer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun park!! Sounds like everyone had fun!

Sherri said...

I'm glad summer is here for you guys..and it looks like your having a blast already! Can you believe that we only have 6 weeks left! It's going way too fast!