Thursday, June 26, 2014

Around Here

On Sunday, we went to Papa and Grandma's house for breakfast.  After eating, we went to the New Bedford Airport because they have a fairly new playground.  


It is a cute little playground.  It's definitely better suited for Kate, but the bonus here is watching planes take off and land.  We saw four planes take off while we were there.



 I didn't have any pictures of Tyler in my last day of school post, but I managed to snap one when he walked in the door that day.  Can you believe he is going to be a senior in high school?  How is that even possible?  Yes, that is his phone in his hands; I think it is surgically attached to him.

Speaking of the last day of school, I meant to post this little video in my other post, but I forgot, so here is a tiny piece of our water balloon silly string fun after school:


Reagan has wanted her ears pierced for quite some time now.  We were trying to wait until she is older and a little more responsible, and also trying to hold on to the "little" in our little girl.  Well, we made her a promise that if she earned two 4s on her report card, she could get her ears pierced.  Her grades were fantastic, and so her ears are now pierced.  I think the little birthstone flowers are perfect for her!  She did so well too, no tears at all.

Reagan's friend Karlie came to Ma Raffa's with us for lunch after the ear piercing.  The two of them were trying to rap.  I have no words for this, just watch the video:

Karlie, Reagan, and Kate played with water balloons.

They were trying to catch them in the milk jug scoops I made years ago.


The week isn't over yet, but this post is getting long, so I'll leave you with one last picture.
Ah, yes.  Lazy, relaxed summer days spent on the hammock.  Ha ha ha ha ha!  Sitting on the hammock with these two is anything but relaxing, but I still love it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am still cracking up at the rap video! The last picture looks relaxing but I'm sure it's not really!

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Great rap! The earrings are adorable, too - and still little girlish enough - you aren't loosing her, yet :)

Sherri said...

I love those milk jug scoops!
Her earrings are adorable! We have a 12 year old rule around here...and i thought the second Brooke turned 12 she would be running in! I can't even trick her into getting them pierced! I think Annika will do it before Brooke! :)
I love the picture of Tyler...and NO I can't believe he is about to be a senior! Wow!! It goes too fast!
We have technology issues here too...I actually think Brooke does a good job...but Mark is ready to have a NO Cell phone home! :)