Friday, November 19, 2010

Pilgrim Hats


I'm sure you have seen these pilgrim hat treats before.  T and C love them.  R doesn't really like marshmallows.  Actually, she doesn't really like sweets.  She likes the idea of sweets, but one or two bites is usually enough for her.  She has a very sophisticated palate. 

Anyway, to make the pilgrim hats, I place Keebler Fudge Stripe cookies upside down on a plate.  Then, I melt chocolate (I used chocolate chips and followed the melting directions on the package) and roll large marshmallows in it until they are covered.  I place one chocolate covered marshmallow on each cookie and then stick a yellow m&m candy on each hat (this is the buckle).  I usually stick them in the fridge for about fifteen minutes because it speeds up the hardening of the chocolate.  Sometimes (like today), I wait until the chocolate is hard and stick the candy on with a tiny bit of frosting.  That way the candy stays yellow instead of getting chocolate smudges all over it.

12 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I've seen those, but never tried them. They might have to go on our list for next year :)

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

My daughter is crazy about sweets, especially chocolate. She would love these hats. Maybe I will actually do them next week as a special Thanksgiving cooking project - thanks for sharing this idea!

Miller Moments said...

Fun!!! We are making these on Sunday for our feast with friends on Monday.

Anonymous said...

oo those turned out super cute!!

Joyful Learner said...

They are mighty cute. JC loves chocolate but not marshmallows. I can feel a sugar rush just looking at those!

Jenny said...

I've never seen those, they are cute!

Lynn said...

Very cute! And I could totally make an allergy safe version for my little guy. Thanks for the idea. :)

Ticia said...

you had me at marshmallow.....

Anonymous said...

I bet those are fun to make. They look good too!

Amanda said...

Very cute and I am sure very yummy!

Tonya Hache said...

I love your blog and follow it often.
I just started my own homeschooling blog!
Check it out :)

http://rockabyebutterfly.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

Those look cute. We don't eat many sweets so they might be a little too rich for us. They do look yummy though.