Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gingerbread Waffles


In my opinion, Rachael Ray's recipe for Gingerbread Waffles is the best of the best.  They are so good, and they smell like Christmas!  I topped them with homemade cinnamon whipped cream as a special lunch today.


Maybe not the healthiest lunch, but they do have pumpkin in them, so they are not all bad!  They sure are delicious!  Here is Rachael's recipe:

Directions

3 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg, eyeball it
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
2/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 1/4 cups milk
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter, plus some to butter the iron
Syrup, whipped cream or fresh fruits for topping, to pass at table
Preheat waffle iron.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. In a medium bowl, beat eggs and brown sugar until fluffy, then beat in pumpkin, milk, molasses and melted butter. Stir the wet into dry until just moist. Do not over-stir the waffle batter. Brush the iron with a little melted butter and cook 4 waffles, 4 sections each. Serve with toppings of choice.

13 comments:

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

That sounds very yummy! I like C's expression in this picture.

MaryAnne said...

These sound really good!

Jenny said...

Those sound yummy! I wonder if Abby would like the taste?

Sherri said...

DELISH!!!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

That sounds sooooo yummy and festive!! I'm totally forwarding this to Mark... think he'll take the hint? ((I sure hope so!))

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

Oh, yum! That sounds like Christmas morning to me :)

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

So not fair giving me a craving for waffles right before bed!

Elle Belles Bows said...

Oh my goodness! I think that I can smell them right now!! Kerri

Bran said...

this looks so good! I think I know what's for breakfast tomorrow! thanks.

momandkiddo said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE gingerbread. I was thinking about doing a post about it. I am not sad I gave up my wafflemaker because these sound so yummy.

Ticia said...

Ooohhhhh, that does look yummy.

CountryFunMaine said...

Say on her show last night and planned on making next week. Nice to hear and see an endorsement. Think I'll be trying the chicken sausage patties she also made for a meal idea.

Lynn said...

I want to jump through the screen and gobble these up. :) As you know, we're limited by allergies, but I've been adding pumpkin to all sorts of things lately, including pancakes. I hadn't though of waffles, though. I may have to give it a try.