Saturday, February 26, 2011

Favorite Books of the Week


The most popular book in our house this week is The Butt Book by Artie Bennett.  I saw this book posted on Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns and knew that it would be popular here.  It is everything you would expect it to be, and for a six year old boy and an almost five year old girl, it is the funniest book ever.  I didn't find it to be offensive at all, just silly.  The rhymes are clever and the illustrations by Mike Lester are funny without being gross.  We read it quite a few times over the week.

A book that we just acquired has quickly become one of our favorites.  Silverlicious by Victoria Kann is the fourth book in the Pinkalicious series, and it is my favorite of the four!  In this book, Pinkalicious loses her sweet tooth and suddenly candy no longer tastes sweet.  She writes the Tooth Fairy a note, but due to the Tooth Fairy's busy schedule, Pinkalicious has to settle for visits from Cupid, the Easter Bunny, and a Christmas elf.  This is really a book about being nice to others and appreciating what others go out of their way to do.  Pinkalicious learns a good lesson and discovers where sweetness really comes from.

I am linking this to What My Child is Reading at Mouse Grows, Mouse Learns.  Click on over there to find more great book recommendations!

13 comments:

momandkiddo said...

The Butt Book cracked me up (oops, no pun intended) but Kiddo said, "that book is wierd."

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Silverlicious sounds like a fun book! I'll be on the lookout for it. I am so glad your family liked The Butt Book!

Debbie said...

I never gave the Butt book much thought, hmmmm now that Selena is so curious about puppy, I might just have to see if our library has it. Silverlicious is going to be a must read, I just hope we can get our hands on it.

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

The loss of a sweet tooth! That would be a tragedy in our house, indeed :)

Joyful Learner said...

K would love the butt book!

Rashi said...

I am a new follower. Silverlicious is one of my favourite book and kids love it. By the way you can also check out my hand print butterfly - http://blog.memetales.com

Anonymous said...

Little J has 3 loose teeth, I wonder if he would like Silverlicious. The Butt books looks like it would be enjoyed around here too.

Julie said...

I read this post on my iPhone while at the library and searched for The Butt Book but it was out. I'm going to have to request it because it sounds like something my kids would love.

LitLass said...

I keep forgetting to check out The Butt Book, but I know my boys would love it. My 5-year-old keeps asking for Silverlicious; he chose Goldilicious at his brother's book fair the other week.

Unknown said...

Lol at the butt book. I think my kids would adore it. I'll have to look for it.

MaryAnne said...

We borrowed Silverlicious from the library, and Emma liked it until we got to the message bit - she's not so fond of sharing with her brother especially at the moment...

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I think both of those books would be HUGE hits at our house!! I never heard of The Butt Book before... hilarious!

Ticia said...

I love the Pinkalicious series, it looks like so much fun.