Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Few Pictures from R's Birthday


R does not like cake; she requested chocolate chip cookies for her birthday.  After the fact, I thought that I should have tried to make one of those big cookie cakes, maybe next year.  It was T's idea to use icing on the cookies, and I love the way it came out.

Before dessert, we had R's meal of choice - pan seared rib eye steaks, mashed potatoes, and corn.  Originally, she had requested spaghetti with butter, but she changed her mind.  Spaghetti with butter would have cost about $2.00; the steak dinner for all of us cost more than $60.00 - HA!




I put six candles in two scoops of black raspberry ice cream.  This worked well.  R requested black raspberry, Oreo cookie, and cookie dough ice cream.


Grandma, Grandpa, Great Grandma, and Auntie Di came over after dinner to celebrate with us.  I didn't get any pictures of anyone - I have to work on that.



R was very happy with all of her presents.  She got a lot of nice clothes, shoes, and jewelry.


I picked out this Barbie head for her, and she has had a lot of fun with it.  I liked this one because in addition to styling her hair, R can also fix Barbie's nails and make up.

R had a runny nose on her birthday (Tuesday) and that turned into a bad cough with a fever.  She was tested for strep throat and flu yesterday, and the results were negative, so it is just a virus.  Unfortunately, R has been sick during the most beautiful, summer-like weather and it is driving her crazy.  She wants to ride her bike in the worst way.  I expect that she will be fine by the weekend, but the nice weather is not going to hang around.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its no fun being sick when it is nice out! But even more so on your birthday! Love the barbie head! I hope R feels better soon!

Jenny said...

Bummer about being sick. I'm glad it was just a virus.

I love the chocolate chip cookies. I make big chocolate chip "cakes", but sometimes they don't cook fully in the middle. The edges have to be really crisp, before the middle is done.

Black raspberry ice cream sounds good too. LOL about the steak dinner. Steak is Abby's favorite!

Sherri said...

I have a no cake girl too...I love that you still wrote on the cookies! Candles in the ice cream is awesome!
She is growing up!! And she is adorable!

MaryAnne said...

I'm so sorry she is sick!!! We've had a virus like that a couple times this year - and so have several of our friends. Not fun.

Love the photo of R with her presents! We made a giant cookie for Lily's birthday, and I just wasn't happy with how it turned out. I think it is supposed to work better if you put it in the oven chilled, but I'm guessing the individual cookies taste better!

Ticia said...

Poor girl to be sick on her birthday. At least it didn't get really bad until after her party.

That's so funny about the Barbie head, Princess got a similar one for her birthday, but it hasn't been as popular.

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

I certainly hope she feels better by weekend. I always wondered who is buying those Barbie heads, now I know :)